Thursday, July 24, 2014

Maximizing Moments

Dear Blog & Blog Readers,

Oh how I have missed thee.  I have been on a serious Summer hiatus and am happy to be getting back into a regular regimen.  While I was gone, the Lord has been speaking to me.  Yet, it all wraps up into one thing; moments.  Recently, my kids went away for the summer with my parents who live in Oklahoma.

Yes, in the South you wake up, eat breakfast and jump in the pool (with jammies on of course)! 

Yep, I'm an "okie" girl and proud of it!  Since they have been gone, the house has been silent during the day and it provides great opportunity for me to think, dream and thank God for His many blessings.  Yet in my thinking time God has been speaking to me that I have been missing and not maximizing moments.  I have been so focused on accomplishing goals, being faithful to things the Lord has asked of me and ensuring that no one kills the other person with anything.  Being so focused on the to-do's and goals has damaged an "attitude of  gratitude" that the Lord has asked me to have and turned it into an "I got this" attitude.

The spontaneity of Summer rendezvous lunch dates: fun, love, purity in convos. 

Here is what I have recognized, missing moments is not on God's agenda for my life.  When I  am so locked in to having morning quiet time w/ God,  keeping a clean house, organized schedules, activities for kids, making menus for the week and creating other checklists, it's more about me "checking the list" than it is about God getting all the glory through what I am doing.  I sat and thought, "What are some of my happiest and thankful moments?"  It was the impromptu's of the summer: meeting a friend and kids at a park, turning on sprinklers, asking my kids what they want for dinner,  reading classics to my kids out loud, laying a blanket in the front yard and "being" with them, sitting in an adinorack chair talking to my teenager, a 48 pack of push pops running out every 3 days, picnics at the park, or flying kites in the middle of a parking lot with my husband and racing each other. These are the places where God is glorified most!  It's the organic, naked, unexpected moments where God is!  Where laughter is at an all time high.  Think about it... How many times this week have you just, laughed?  When was the last time you have just had the opportunity to "be"?

Now don't get me wrong, there is a place for order and getting things done.  However, when getting things done collides with making memories with your spouse, children, and friends , it's time to reevaluate.  I am not the most organized person and even I am missing moments and not maximizing them. Maximizing moments means meeting and seeing God glory fulfilled in the little things of life, that we so often take for granted.  These little things are the things within our hearts that God is really trying to make known to us, whether good or bad.

So, here's the challenge.  For the next 7 days, embrace the impromptus and maximize moments!  Yep, let's do it(in my cheerleader voice)!  Embrace the moment and if you are organized or just remember, comment below on some of the moments you have maximized. God's desire is that we be people who see every moment orchestrated and blessed by Him alone.  How else does He get the glory out of our lives!

xoxo

No comments :

Post a Comment