Tuesday, June 24, 2014

All Eyes On Me

This weekend my family and I had the wonderful opportunity to spend time with some old friends.  It was such a joy to catch up with them and to just be there in the moments together.  As K.O.(my hubby) and I sat there catching up with many, there were a few who we had not known.  As we spent time sharing we met one woman who was sweet, gentle, full of joy and laughter.  As we sat listening to this woman speak, there the Lord was speaking in such a whisper to K.O. and I.

Scripture says that God knows the end from the beginning. If you’ve made some mistakes, the good news is that He has already planned a way to get you back on track! Just come to Him with an open and humble heart. Let Him wash you clean and make you new. Your mistakes aren’t bigger than God. He loves you and has a good plan in store for you! - See more at: http://blog.jcluforever.com/#sthash.D5Owe6w7.dpuf

He whispered this woman is here and sharing her soul because she wants to be seen.  As a matter of fact, not just seen but known.  It wasn't in a selfish way, but in a selfless sense of being known by the One True God.  As K.O. and I returned home, we conversed about "make new friends, but keep the old".  The Lord drew us to see how God desires for us is not to be, "here I am people, but there you are people".  My hubby and I's convo went on for a day or so through small moments as we continued to ponder upon what took place that day.  As we pondered, K.O. spoke into me the encounter Nathanael had when he met Jesus.  When Nate (a.k.a. Nathanael) encountered Jesus there were two things that happened:

1.  A friend (Phil a.k.a. Phillip) asked Nathanael to come and see for himself "The One".

2. When Nate encountered Jesus, Jesus revealed to Nate how he saw him under the fig tree.  Nate was in such astonishment that Jesus had saw him, that it changed the trajectory of His whole life! (I think what was Nate doing under that tree?  Definitely, only something Nate & the True and Living God would be able to see and know.  Yet, God sees him with love.)

This is so thought provoking.  In an "all eyes on me" culture that promotes self, God is leading by example and asking us to be "there you are, come and see" people.  To not be like Tupac's song, "All eyez on me", but to look around and be in the day and moments with our neighbors(that includes everyone).  To know when God is calling us to say "come and see"!  "Be known" like you've never been known before!

Ponder: Read John 1:43-51.

Pause:  Are you a "here I am" or "there you are" person? Why?  Is there a person God is saying you need to say "come and see" to today, or maybe it's you?

Petition: Tell Him.  Listen.  Do.

xoxo

No comments :

Post a Comment