Wednesday, February 4, 2015

The Day I Got My First Gray Hair

I know when you saw this post you were like, "What is Te'Sheba talking about now?"

So, last year I turned 33.  Towards the end of the year, near Thanksgiving, I spotted "it".  Yep! I spotted that beautiful piece of hair at the right front of my hair.  Ya'll it. is. beautiful!

I couldn't help but stare at in the mirror and look at it.  It was stunning.  I was so excited, I called K.O. and the kids in the bathroom and said, "Look, isn't it beautiful!" K.O. thought I was crazy and said, "Okay."(with a weird stare, as if I was going slightly off the edge)

K.O. asked, "Why are you so pumped up about a gray hair?"

I said, "You know, I don't know?"  And then my mind started turning, why was I so ecstatic about this piece of hair?

As I thought about it, it showed a clear sign of God as creator and that His creation ages.  I am aging. It is a sign of growth.  In my family you don't get "grays" till you began to age.  And here is my point:

When I think and look at where I am right now, I can't help but love and embrace it right now.

In my life, I have NEVER been as close to the Lord as I feel right now.  I am walking in such a surrender to the Lord in EVERY area of my life.  I mean like God has me in a place of growing in deep devotion, dependence and discipline with Him.  It looks like boldness of faith, passionately pursuing the needy (spiritually, physically, emotionally) through prayer and patience in the Lord.

No, it doesn't "feel" good physically or emotionally at times.  But my goodness it "feels" amazing spiritually!  To know everyday I am doing God's best in my life daily and living spent for Jesus!  Baby, I get no greater joy than this!  As Trip Lee says, "This is the good life".

I love how Paul put it in 1 Corinthians 9:19-27 (Stop and read it right now!)

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+Corinthians+9%3A19-27&version=NKJV


Every athlete exercises self-control in all things. They do this for a perishable wreath, but we for an imperishable.   1 Corinthians 9:25  http://biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+Corinthians+9%3A24-27&version=ESV

Paul shares his heart about sharing the gospel with those who are spiritually blind and running.  He writes that though there are many runners, only one runner receives the prize.  How do they win you ask?  By exercising  self-control in all things.  Disciplining their bodies and keeping it under control.  Wow! That's where I'm trying to be! I want the imperishable wreath and I am trying to spur others on to receive theirs as well.

Though I've died my hair since (just cause I like change and dying my hair), this one hair took me to a place with the Lord.  It took me to the place of adoration for who God is; to a place of confession of who and what I am without his Holy Spirit living in me and thanksgiving, towards where God has brought me from and taking me towards through his power. My hope and heart is for those near and dear to me who haven't received the blessing of an eternal wreath to receive it and so much more.  Let me ask you something?

When you think and look at your life right now, do you see the hand of God in it and love it?  If yes/no why?

Where is God calling you to place him in the center and see his my hand move in your life?


No matter where you are with God , spend some time with him today.  Don't delay.  He wants you and all your stuff for Him.  He wants to use it for His glory.  Pour your heart out to the Lord.

xoxo,
Sheb

No comments :

Post a Comment