Friday, May 8, 2015

Five Mommy Reads Worth Your Time

Hey ya'll!  I love this time of year where I live in Cleveland.  During the winter everybody goes into hibernation and then when Spring comes, there is no stopping people.  The parks are packed, the outside picnics are in full effect and no one desires to go in the house.  I LOVE it!  I am the person that will let my kids play outside all day, have a bit of fun with them and then read till my eyes burn! I. love. to. read.  My girlfriends ask me, "How do you find time to read?"  I don't know, I just do.  It keeps me locked into what I am called to, where I am going and how to remain in my lane called 'life'.  So today, I wanted to share some of my mommy must reads!  I have read these books and they each have something different to offer.  So, ask the hubby to drop one in a bag for ya this Mother's Day or do what I do, just check them out at the library and when you get some extra 'duckets' if you like it, get it! And then bless another woman with it!
 


For New Mommies

  A delightful book for especially new moms and adjusting to a little one for the first time.  How to enjoy the quiet and noisy moments, as well as processing how to live in step with God made you to be outside of being a mommy.  Easy & Light Read.


For School-Aged Moms






 

This book is for the mom that looks at everything in their home with endless demands.  Not only do you have endless demands, but you set yourself up for expectations and perfections that ONLY God could meet.  It's real, authentic and delightfully light!  Check it out and quit thinking every cupcake has to be to perfection. Ha!


For Teen-Aged Moms

Listen to me, if you have a teenager, get this book.  This is the struggle, not of your teenager for you as the parent.  K.O. and I read this after we had called a counselor through the Focus on The Family Helpline.  It was recommended years ago and has do wonders in our responses to the teenage years. Check it out.

For Any Mom

















Learned with my little that I was not giving grace to my kids and my mothering was on its way to "behavior modification" and not "heart transformation.  There still remain challenges, but the principles in this book remind me more about why Christ came and set me free and how I can lavish that upon my children to see Jesus in light of their choices.  A must read.  Oh, I read this one on Audible.

Sparkly Green Earrings
 

This book is freakin' hilarious.  It's a memoir on motherhood.  But, this chick Melanie, she will have you rollin'!  I am serious.  You know sometimes you just need to laugh things of when being a mom.  You know what I'm sayin'.  Melanie is so funny I had to read her other books. Great for anytime.

The Best Yes


















You just gotta read this because its about living intentional.  Lysa focuses on how to NOT waste your life, but live spent daily in a 168 hour week.  I love her writing and her heart.  It's light and interactive to see where you are wasting time and to reconnect with what you are passionate about most!  Liked it.


I know I said five, but I gave you a BONUS book!  Hope you check them out soon!  Also, google these books.  I know many of their publishers have their books on sale this Mother's Day!  Happy Mother's Day and I hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend!

OH.... Wait! Be looking in your feeds this Sunday for a Mother's Day Playlist that will have you encouraged and 'turnt' all at the same time!

xoxo,
Sheb

No comments :

Post a Comment